Founded in 1916, this wonderful estate is located below `The Little Tower of Babylon` on the steep hillside vineyards in Paarl. This prominent producer has been at the forefront of quality wine production for many years. Currently under the stewardship of third generation Michael Back, they are making considerable waves in the international market. Recently achieving carbon neutral status, the first in South Africa. They constantly strive to produce the highest quality grapes using natural and organic principles. Alicia Rechner is back at the helm as winemaker and is well supported by viticulturalist Clive Trent.
Backsberg Estate Cellars
- Backsberg Dry Red N.V.
- Cabernet Merlot `Klein Babylonstoren` Backsberg 2013
- Shiraz Backsberg Pumphouse 2012
- Viognier Backsberg Hillside 2014
- Backsberg `Family Reserve` White 2009
- Backsberg `Family Reserve` Red 2013
- Backsberg `John Martin` Sauvignon Blanc 2014
- Chardonnay Backsberg 2014
- Merlot Backsberg 2014
- Pinotage Backsberg 2015
- Cabernet Sauvignon Backsberg 2012
- Sauvignon Blanc Backsberg 2016
- Chenin Blanc Backsberg 2016